Rules for 7-a-side Football
Time and place
- May 16, 2020
- Kisapuisto, 15140 Lahti
- A match is played between two teams. There should be seven (7) players, including the goal keeper, on the field at any one time.
- Maximum number of players in a team for any one game is ten (10).
- Maximum number of officials per team is two (2).
Equipment and Kit
- Teams should have their own balls for warm-ups.
- It is the teams’ responsibility to have their own jerseys in two different colors
- Jersey number of the player must be visible on the jersey.
- Unlimited substitutions are allowed as long as the referee is made aware of the changes.
General Playing Rules
The official rules of FIFA are followed with the following exceptions:
- There are no off-sides.
- Red card (for direct and for one followed by two yellow cards) leads into a one match suspension.
- Goal kicks or goalkeepers’ throws must touch the ground before crossing the center line.
Duration of the Match
- Each game will be 2 x 25min long.
- Each team will play up to a maximum of three (3) matches per day.
In group stage matches: win = 3 points, tie = 1 point, and loss = 0 point.
If two or more teams reach the same amount of points in group stage, the final position is decided as follows:
- Goal difference from the matches played among the teams in question
- Goals scored in the matches played among the teams in question
- Goal difference from all group stage matches
- Goals scored in all group stage matches
A tie in knockout matches is followed by 3 penalty shots.
Organizers are not responsible for the insurance of the participants.
Organizing committee reserves the right to make changes to these rules.